Saturday, July 15, 2006

New 2006 Trek 4300 Mountain Bike!!

Woohoo, I got my new bike today! I'm really stoked. It was the last one in stock. It's a Trek 4300 mountain bike. It rides smooth and I love the front fork suspension and the rapid fire gear shifters. It really is a different ride from my old, heavier Schwinn. I plan to test it out tomorrow at the Rocky Hill Ranch MTB trail. If all goes well, I'll be participating in the 2006 Texas Chainring Massacre race being hosted there next month. So, tomorrow is a chance for me to get familiar with the trail. It's supposed to be a 9 mile loop. I think my new Trek is definitely going to make a difference. Oh, and I won a free Power Bar from a Trek scratch off. It has definitely been my lucky day!

Here are my bike specs:
Spec Name Trek 4300
Frame Alpha SL aluminum
Fork RST Gila T6, 80mm-travel
Rims/Wheels Bontrager Camino
Hubs F: Aluminum R: Shimano RM60
Tires Bontrager ACX, 26 x 2.2
Crankset SR XCC-150
Chainwheel 42/34/24
Front Derailleur Shimano
Rear Derailleur Shimano Alivio
Rear Cogs SRAM PG 830, 8-speed: 11-32
Shifters Shimano EF50 EZ-Fire
Handlebars Bontrager Crowbar Sport
Stem Bontrager Sport
Brake Levers Shimano
Brakes Tektro Alloy linear pull
Pedals Platform
Saddle Bontrager Select Basic
Seat Post Bontrager Sport




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?